Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Post Numero Uno!

Here's the first post of my photography blog. I'm mainly doing this to see how some people like my work. Good, bad, total suckage, I'm open to constructive criticism.

Since this is the first post, I'll kick it off with quite a few images, enjoy!


The first five images were taken in a studio at school in my photography class. We were trying to get close-up shots of everyday, mundane, regular objects.

Untitled #1

Untitled #2

Untitled #3

Untitled #4

Lucky Turtle Rock On
I took this shot a while back in the studio. I didn't really like it, but when I made it solid black and white I liked how it looked.
Gear Me
The friend above took this shot of me. I started with 3 different gears and made my own "texture" that I put on my face. The cloth was originally pink, but I felt that it clashed with the darker nature of the picture, so I made it grey. I felt that the picture would seem too monotone if I changed the hat to be grey as well, so I left it in its original state.
Untitled #5
I took this at least 6 months back for a pinhole assignment in my class. I liked the line the rail had, so I chose that to be my subject. For my second pinole shot ever I think it turned out pretty well!
Curious
I was bored, so I grabbed my mom's film camera and took a few funny pictures of my brother and my cat. The quality isn't that great and I could probably fix it in photoshop, but since it was just for fun, I don't see any point in putting in the time.

2 comments:

Chris Luker said...

Good work man, I will add you to my recommended blog list bro. your stuff looks great. What are you shooting with again. when i build my darkroom i need some help. oh yeah if you have time i challenge you to upload a photograph everyday. its keeps you shooting and makes you better. it is also a great way to self market yourself when networking. se ya later again great stuff.

Bryan said...

Haha I don't actually own a camera, but my friend and I should get some cash for a computer we built, so I think I'll get one pretty soon. I know that I used some kind of Nikkon for the studio shots. I know it was pretty nice (around 900 bucks or something!!!), I'll try and get some more detailed info when I go back to school on Monday. I have a bit of digital work, so I think I can do a pic a day for a little while lol. I'd be more then happy to help you build your darkroom, as long as it doesn't conflict with school and it's cool with my ma.